Day Two continued...
It’s the second day of the rehearsal process, and I must say that I feel we have covered a lot of ground. I had only danced with 4 of the other 8 dancers before so it was really amazing how the connection within the group developed so quickly. It feels so great to be able to create in an environment were you don’t feel judged or you won’t offend someone on the second day.
We started to play with partnering and just trying to understand the way each of us move, and we all seem to have a great fluidity with each other while partnering. Something strong is developing between TC and myself today while partnering, it feels like we have a mutual respect and trust for each other. The duet we were creating had a great relationship/story developing between TC and myself, so I am looking forward to seeing were that will go. It’s also interesting with the live music of the violin and cello in the space and trying to include them in the space and use them not just as a soundtrack. Its only early days yet and I’m sure there will be many ups and down but the moment I’m feeling really solid in what I am doing.
Darren Anderson
We started to play with partnering and just trying to understand the way each of us move, and we all seem to have a great fluidity with each other while partnering. Something strong is developing between TC and myself today while partnering, it feels like we have a mutual respect and trust for each other. The duet we were creating had a great relationship/story developing between TC and myself, so I am looking forward to seeing were that will go. It’s also interesting with the live music of the violin and cello in the space and trying to include them in the space and use them not just as a soundtrack. Its only early days yet and I’m sure there will be many ups and down but the moment I’m feeling really solid in what I am doing.
Darren Anderson

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home