Day Four continued...
I watch people and people watch me.
That’s what we (people) do.
Sometimes we’d like to think that we’re not being watched, or even we’d not like to be watched, but just by adopting this posture, one becomes paranoid and vulnerable and is more prone to stand out.
Been here 4 days and I’ve seen everyone’s eyes.
We watch each other and learn.
Sometimes we’d like to trick each other into thinking that we mutually learned something, but even so, we cannot escape the sharing: we just teach a trick of how to pretend that one listens.
Learning is like the mafia: once you’re in, you’re never out.
• Darren: big, curious, brown, shy eyes. Always watching someone and by the same token checking if he is being watched.
• Janusz: deep set, blue eyes, looks firm, but his jaw is always slightly clenching something that he’d like to hide.
• Aurora: mature, melancholic eyes, the color of the sea. She always misses something or someone; it’s more than a physical issue.
• Lee: lively brown eyes shifting between complete giving and complete absorbance. His eyes denote an urgency which even transcends his meditative state…an urgency for anything.
• Ellie: bright blue eyes on a placid professional façade behind which lies a museum of unanswered questions: you’re welcome, if you dare…p.s. she hasn’t visited yet…
• PK: green eyes that seem threatening, in a nice way. I think sometimes she even scares herself with just a glance.
• TC: blue eyes, open to suggestions in an experienced, filtered way; “I’ve seen it all before and seen nothing yet” kind of way.
• Charlotte: her vivid brownies set under a pair of aristocratic bent eyebrows, seem to have hooks attached to the end of their glance; an experienced fisherman knows where to fish even when the sea is rough.
• Me: well, I’ve got my mother’s eyes, what more can I say?
That’s what we (people) do.
Sometimes we’d like to think that we’re not being watched, or even we’d not like to be watched, but just by adopting this posture, one becomes paranoid and vulnerable and is more prone to stand out.
Been here 4 days and I’ve seen everyone’s eyes.
We watch each other and learn.
Sometimes we’d like to trick each other into thinking that we mutually learned something, but even so, we cannot escape the sharing: we just teach a trick of how to pretend that one listens.
Learning is like the mafia: once you’re in, you’re never out.
• Darren: big, curious, brown, shy eyes. Always watching someone and by the same token checking if he is being watched.
• Janusz: deep set, blue eyes, looks firm, but his jaw is always slightly clenching something that he’d like to hide.
• Aurora: mature, melancholic eyes, the color of the sea. She always misses something or someone; it’s more than a physical issue.
• Lee: lively brown eyes shifting between complete giving and complete absorbance. His eyes denote an urgency which even transcends his meditative state…an urgency for anything.
• Ellie: bright blue eyes on a placid professional façade behind which lies a museum of unanswered questions: you’re welcome, if you dare…p.s. she hasn’t visited yet…
• PK: green eyes that seem threatening, in a nice way. I think sometimes she even scares herself with just a glance.
• TC: blue eyes, open to suggestions in an experienced, filtered way; “I’ve seen it all before and seen nothing yet” kind of way.
• Charlotte: her vivid brownies set under a pair of aristocratic bent eyebrows, seem to have hooks attached to the end of their glance; an experienced fisherman knows where to fish even when the sea is rough.
• Me: well, I’ve got my mother’s eyes, what more can I say?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home