Day Five continued...
Today is day 5 of rehearsals. I have not been here for the last two days due to other work commitments and god have I missed it. Although this is only the 5th day and my 3rd day, it has quickly become normal for me to be here. I found myself going to the train station on Wednesday (a non VDT day) ready to get the train to come to Sheffield.
I felt quite apprehensive this morning more so than I did on day 1 but I was quickly put at ease by all the smiling faces and good mornings that I received the moment I arrived. The day was intense and brought up many emotions for myself which I was not expecting. I was taken to a place which I felt I had left behind, this was emotionally difficult but I was able and encouraged to be there. The emphasis was not on formal technique as an aesthetic today, but rather on the movement being initiated from within (which I happen to know is a trade mark of VDT). I knew that I was going to be challenged emotionally during the rehearsal process but was not prepared for it to happen today, and as I have not been here the previous two days, had no insight in to what was coming. This gave me the beginnings of a whole other way of working to which I am not accustomed to and I’m looking forward to exploring this way of working further.
During the afternoon I took on the role of observing as the performance team further explored some of the themes arisen this morning. This was equally as challenging as the morning as I felt emotionally connected to all of the team at some point during the rehearsal. It’s now the end of the first week and I am absolutely wrecked but have been left feeling very inspired and eagerly waiting for Monday to come so we can begin again.
Wayne Sables
I felt quite apprehensive this morning more so than I did on day 1 but I was quickly put at ease by all the smiling faces and good mornings that I received the moment I arrived. The day was intense and brought up many emotions for myself which I was not expecting. I was taken to a place which I felt I had left behind, this was emotionally difficult but I was able and encouraged to be there. The emphasis was not on formal technique as an aesthetic today, but rather on the movement being initiated from within (which I happen to know is a trade mark of VDT). I knew that I was going to be challenged emotionally during the rehearsal process but was not prepared for it to happen today, and as I have not been here the previous two days, had no insight in to what was coming. This gave me the beginnings of a whole other way of working to which I am not accustomed to and I’m looking forward to exploring this way of working further.
During the afternoon I took on the role of observing as the performance team further explored some of the themes arisen this morning. This was equally as challenging as the morning as I felt emotionally connected to all of the team at some point during the rehearsal. It’s now the end of the first week and I am absolutely wrecked but have been left feeling very inspired and eagerly waiting for Monday to come so we can begin again.
Wayne Sables

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home