Day Twenty Two
Well its been almost one month……. I feel as if I am a computer being re programmed to move in a totally different way…..I’m having to train my body to move in a more functional, organic and grounded way….Which is a good thing.. The warm up classes in the morning are focused to making you move this way…. some days I feel as if I’m coping really well with it and than other days where I feel like I’m only just learning to dance again…. and its hard not to get into a negative cycle…. I want to be able to drop my centre and move as fluidly as the other dancers….. I guess it takes time…. I’m also reprogramming my emotional response to how I create dance tasks….. I’ve never worked in this way before and it’s really different from being just a dancer in a space for dance sake to having a really emotional reason for being there…. So the programming is going well and it will be great when I feel comfortable about who I am on stage….
Darren
Darren

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home