Day Eleven
“A bitty day…”
Today was lots of bits.
Bit number one: class with trios initiating awareness of body parts and leading into contact/hanging motions/drops/leans. I felt tense, kept thinking my ankle would pop out.
Bit number two: duets, which emerged out of a round-robin exercise. All had different dynamics and qualities.
Bit number three: coffee break…lunch (bit of time in the sun)…coffee break (whilst Lee covers his material before leaving).
Bit number four (a good bit!): trio with Janusz, Darren and I. Quite tricky intricate bits but is developing and starting to go somewhere. TC and Aurora did flamenco footwork bits on chairs, looked very tricky but some great images and possibilities.
Bit number five: PK plays her new music scores, whilst everyone enjoys listening.
Bit number six (end-of-the-day tired-bit): PK plays the violin and encourages people to dance. Particularly nice moments are group foot tappings and the possibilities of emotional or introductory solos coming out of it. We will continue tomorrow.
Charlotte apologised for the bittyness of the day but I like bitty days, felt like we covered a lot and was productive.
Ellie
Today was lots of bits.
Bit number one: class with trios initiating awareness of body parts and leading into contact/hanging motions/drops/leans. I felt tense, kept thinking my ankle would pop out.Bit number two: duets, which emerged out of a round-robin exercise. All had different dynamics and qualities.
Bit number three: coffee break…lunch (bit of time in the sun)…coffee break (whilst Lee covers his material before leaving).
Bit number four (a good bit!): trio with Janusz, Darren and I. Quite tricky intricate bits but is developing and starting to go somewhere. TC and Aurora did flamenco footwork bits on chairs, looked very tricky but some great images and possibilities.
Bit number five: PK plays her new music scores, whilst everyone enjoys listening.
Bit number six (end-of-the-day tired-bit): PK plays the violin and encourages people to dance. Particularly nice moments are group foot tappings and the possibilities of emotional or introductory solos coming out of it. We will continue tomorrow.
Charlotte apologised for the bittyness of the day but I like bitty days, felt like we covered a lot and was productive.
Ellie

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home