Thursday, February 08, 2007

Janusz's blog - February 07

It’s been 2 weeks since we came back from a week residency in Newcastle. The company has 3 new members who took over the roles of Aurora, Alex and TC. The rehearsal period was quite intense - 2 weeks of rehearsing Test Run (new piece) and Broken Chords. As soon as I saw the schedule for the first 3 weeks of work, I was already dreaming about those days off.

It’s not been an easy task for me to do, Test Run is a very physically demanding solo and Broken Chords is an emotionally charged ensemble work. Two different pieces rehearsed at the same time. I found it quite hard at some moments to suddenly switch my brain from one piece to another. And that for me was quite a big challenge. But we have got through it very well and managed to get it all in a good shape after all.

It has been quite an intense and tiring week in Newcastle however, very enjoyable. I was happy and looked forward to perform Test Run again (after its premiere in London last autumn) and at the same time scared about doing two shows in a row on Wednesday (one at 6:30pm and one at 8pm) - basically a one hour break to rest, dry the t-shirt, drink lots of water… Surprisingly the second show happened to be the best one yet. I don’t have any idea how it works that I can sweat and get worn out for half an hour to be then doing it again…and do it well. Patrycja and Matt rocked their violins, I felt lifting my legs even higher. That was a very good and enjoyable performance. I was very proud of myself.

On Friday evening we did the first show of Broken Chords. From the first scene we have felt very connected within the group and that is particularly useful for this work. I felt confident with new members, they all did a great job and they are a good fun as well. I was also happy to perform it again with the original cast members. After not seeing them for a long time, it was a pleasure to do it again. Ellie seem to be much stronger, Darren makes me laugh even more, Patrycja always in the centre of attention (love her humor).

It was a very good beginning of the tour. I am already excited about the next one. But now I will take a moment to relax and rest over next couple of days. Oh yes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home